Thursday, November 1, 2007

Birth Order

I was reading an article in Time about birth order and does it really affect who you are and who you have become. I am not going to examine the article but if you want to read the whole article go to http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1672715,00.html and check it out. I found it to be pretty cool. It also gave me a little more information as to part of the reason I am who I am, things that sub-consciously affected me growing up.

So. do you fit into your birth-order profile?

Oldest Sibling
-may be better educated then younger siblings.
-likelier to hold a professional position.
-more concerned with meeting parents' expectations.
-likelier to serve as family historian and guardian of aged parents.
-higher IQ than younger siblings.

Middle Siblings
-may take longer to choose a career than other siblings.
-less connected to family,more to friends.
-may de-identify from firstborn, making opposite life choices.
-lacks the parental recongnitionfirst- and last-borns enjoy; may develop self-esteem issues.

Younger Siblings
-more tolerant of risk.
-likelier to be artist, adventurer, entrepreneur.
-often physically smaller than firstborns.
-less likely to be vaccinated the firstborns.
-frequently funnier then other siblings.

Well what do you think??

1 comment:

ret3 said...

I call shenanigans; Sean is NOT the funny one...